1. 1. These terms and conditions of business are entered into the company and its client ("the client").
1. 2. The acceptance of details or the interviewing or engagement of an applicant introduced by the company ("Applicant") shall constitute acceptance by the Client of these Terms and Conditions. The company shall assume that any employee or agent who requests that an introduction be arranged is authorised by the client to do so.
1. 3. The client must immediately notify the Company of the engagement of an Applicant by the Company or by any other person, firm or Company who is, or may reasonably be regarded as, associated with the client ("Associate") together with details of the salary agreed to be paid, where upon a placement fee as set out in paragraph 8 hereof ("Placement Fee") shall be payable in respect of such engagement.
1. 4. If an Applicant is not immediately engaged by the Client or an Associate following an introduction by the Company but is engaged by the Client or an Associate in any capacity whether in the post for which the Applicant was originally introduced or otherwise within 12 months following such an introduction, a Placement Fee shall be payable in respect of such engagement.
1. 5. Introductions of Applicants by the Company to the client are confidential. Accordingly a breach of confidentiality or a transfer of an introduction by the Client to another employer which results in either a permanent or a temporary engagement of an Applicant by another person renders the Client liable to pay to the Company a Placement Fee.